Autumn (non) Essentials- Accessories

19:49


Now that summer is 100% officially over, I've decided to do a mini-series called 'Autumn (non) Essentials', which is basically me sharing a few things I am certain you all need to have in your lives right now (although it's not the end of the world you if you don't).  

For this post, I have selected three really simple accessories that I think will add that little something to your outfits this Autumn.  The thing that's really great about accessories is that just one item can be worn as part of multiple outfits.  It's not like when you buy a new top and then have to carefully schedule in when you're going to wear it, depending on who you're with and where you're going.  No one cares if you use the same bag or wear the same scarf two days in a row.  Let's be honest, they probably won't even notice.

Now, I'm no fashion blogger, so this is literally just me speaking as a normal person who likes to look reasonably okay when they leave the house...

Accessory Number One: The Frilly Sock






That is a technical term.  Whatever you want to call them, these lace-trimmed socks are perfect for this time of year, when it's a bit too chilly for sandals but you're not quite ready to dig out the woolly tights .  They're also really adaptable, as they can be worn with pretty much any shoes.  Wearing them with trainers or pumps gives you a cute, girly look, while the lace above an ankle boot adds a pretty vintage detail.  If you're feeling edgy (yep, I went there), you could even wear them out with heels and a dress, just to give your outfit something a little bit different.  Mine are from Topshop, but they're all over the place at the moment.

Accessory Number Two: The Tartan Scarf




I think this has got to be my favourite purchase of the year so far. It adds so much to an otherwise simple outfit, meaning that your trusty skinny jeans and cardie can be livened up with very little effort.  While everyone seems to have suddenly gone tartan-crazy, it's hardly a recent phenomenon, especially in scarf form.  So before you go spending any money, make sure your granddad doesn't have one of these beauties lying around somewhere.  It may be a little scratchy, but it's all in the name of fashion, right?  Just joking! There's no point looking good if you don't feel good.  Unfortunately, the only one in my family is my dad's yellow Rupert Bear scarf, so mine's from River Island and is amazingly soft.  I'm not a massive fan of yellow.

Accessory Number Three: The Chunky Necklace



The bigger the better, is my thinking when it comes to Autumnal jewellery.  Adding a bold necklace to a simple jumper and jeans combo makes a real statement and instantly smartens up your outfit.  Although I am completely in love with knitwear, I think it can sometimes look a bit dull and scruffy, so a big necklace helps to liven it up.  They also look great with high-neck tops and if you're anything like me, you'll feel really sophisticated in a black polo-neck... My necklaces are fairly cheap and cheerful from New Look, but they're not so bad that they look like they're made of plastic, so it's all good.  They also have some really nice stuff  at a very reasonable price over at Boohoo, so maybe give that a try.  

So there you have it, my three non-essential Autumn accessories.  I only say they're non-essential because I don't think anyone needs material things to be happy, but putting that to one side for a moment, these are all really great buys!  Also, you can get alright-quality versions of them for not very much money (like I did) and still look fab, or you can spend a bit more.  Either way, you'll hopefully be feeling confident in what you're wearing, which is all that matters really.

Just a heads up- in my next 'Autumn (non) essentials' post I will be sharing a few seasonal recipes with you, so look out for that delicious post coming soon!

Harriet x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images