Purchased in September

14:09

september purchases

Seeing as I'm going off to uni on Saturday, I have bought quite a few things this month! But I doubt you'd want to see my haul of toiletries and tinned soup (as though there are no shops in York), so here are a couple of my favourite purchases.

The beanie

Every year I change my mind when it comes to what I want in a hat.  Last year, I had one of those fluffy pom-pom numbers, which seemed to be very 'in' at the time.  And while I'll probably still wear that one this winter, I fancied getting myself a proper beanie.  If I had more money, I'd definitely have gone for something really nice from one of the independent street-wear brands I've recently discovered on Instagram, but instead this one's from the edgy place that is the H&M men's section.  Ah well, I still think it looks pretty cool. And it was only £6.99.

The practicalities  

If you've read my Organisation Essentials post (and if you haven't then you really should, please), then you'll know that I like using a diary to keep on top of things.  I'm quite particular in that I like having a whole page for each day, so it took a little while to find one I liked, but I managed to find one with a pretty design from WHSmith, which was about £8. While I was there I also saw a cute polka-dot pencil case in the sale for £2.99, so that's coming to uni with me too!

The make up 

For the last few years, I've used a liquid foundation from The Body Shop, which was good because it also contained moisturiser for my dry skin (wah).  But now I'm a student with no job (and my mum smashed my black nail polish), I couldn't resist the 3 for 2 offer on Maybelline products at Boots.  So I've been trying out the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation for about a week so far, and I have to say that I'm a fan.  I usually put moisturiser and concealer (the 3 in the 3 for 2) on first as a base and then I use a sponge to apply the liquid foundation.  In the shop I wasn't really sure what shade to get, but the one I chose gives me an even coverage and doesn't look cakey, so I'd definitely recommend!  Although I'm skeptical about the 'better skin' claim, but I don't really expect that in a foundation anyway, so it would just be an added bonus if it made any difference! And then the Maybelline black Color Show nail polish is just a classic I needed to replace ASAP. 

The phone case

It's shiny! What more can I say? Apart from that it was reduced to only £2 in New Look. Couldn't go wrong really.

So, as I said, in two days I'll be moving up to York to start uni (ahhhhhhhhhh), which means that I may not be blogging for the next week (because Freshers), so I'll see you when I see you!  













You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ahh, the beanie - what an amazing invention... I need to get myself a new one actually!
    I love that phone case too,
    Lovely buys :)

    May x
    www.DropsofBrandy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beanie really is amazing! Just need it to be a little colder now so I can wear it! Thanks for your comment May :)
      Harriet x

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images