The Very Special Diary of a Very Special 12 Year-Old: Part 2

19:07

I'm sure you're all dying to read the second diary entry from my 12 year-old self! (Joke). But here goes anyway...

"Tuesday 1st April 2008- I am in the mood for camping with my mates and then meeting up with some fit boys. Anyway... 
This morning I woke up at the crack of 8.30am. My brother had been making his bed for about 3 hours but he is like that so no worries. Had some porridge. Yey. 
At 10.30 we drove to Thornthwaite and parked near the Swan Hotel. Then we saw a snowman on the mountain. It turned out to be the Bishop of Barf. So that means he (er...it) is the Bishop of Sick. Lovely. He might as well have been as it looked like a white frog.
It was quite cold. Wow, I should become a weather person. And we started climbing really steeply up a really steep path. It was really fun. We were basically walking up a stream. Then we met a lady who acted as if this mountain was just like a morning stroll. She said there was 1 rock that was like a step. Er, no. It wasn't. It was like climbing a rock face. Well it was climbing a rock face. But it was so fun. Anyway, the lady was going a shorter way to us so pah ha. 
We carried on walking up paths, through forests and stuff until we could basically see the summit of 'Barf' (oo-er). It was 1500ft and very windy at the top. We had Kendel Mint Cake to keep up our energy though. Woop de doop. You people should take me seriously you know. Anyway..."

(I must have somehow known that I would one day be posting this on a blog for all 'you people' to read)

 "We then walked along the ridge and got to the 'Lord's Seat' which was 1800ft. It was sooooo windy but soooo fun because you literally got blown anywhere randomly! Woooooooooo! We then cascaded (!) down from that and walked through some more bog. (Trust me we had walked through loads). Then we walked through heather and got to the summit of 'Ullister Hill' which 'takes you by surprise'! It was 1700ft. 
Finally we could start going down. It took ages and when we got to a forest we ate hotdogs. Vatti took a long time deciding where we would sit. Honestly, we didn't mind where we put our bums. Maybe his needs special care. 
We did some more walking. And some more. And more. We walked for a bit longer. Oh! And then we started hopping! No, I'm joking. It was just more walking with the odd burst of running. 
Then we got a bit lost when we cut across a bit of grass. With piles of dead tree on it. Oh well, we eventually found our way into the village called Thornthwaite. We walked round the bottom of the mountains for a bit and then we saw the car. Me and my brother did our '1,2,3, touch the car' thingy and then we collapsed into it. We had been walking (and resting) for 4 1/2 hours. Fun fun. 
When we got back to the YH we did some stuff like playing pool. For tea I had beef stew, fruit juice and apple crumble with custard. Yum. 
Me and mum played pool and another game and then I finished my new book 'Luurve is a many trousered thing'. The next one is called 'Stop in the name of Pants!' Vair vair funny. Out in July 2008. Boo hoo. 3 whole months away. 
Vatti is in bed with NO boxers on. How ridiculous. I may need counselling. What if someone wakes up in the night? What if there is a fire and he goes off blundering downstairs? Oh help. 
Moving swiftly on... 
P.S. I can't be bothered to do APRIL FOOLS"

Wow. I genuinely remember thinking I was being so funny when I wrote this. Day 3 to follow shortly for anyone who's interested!

Harriet x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images