Sunday Teatime

22:30


When I was little, my family would always have 'tea' on a Sunday evening, as it was meant to be a lighter meal after a hearty roast at lunchtime.  As far as I can remember, this involved crumpets with cheese or jam and a lot of cake.  Sounds perfect, doesn't it?

Much to my delight, we had some family friends over last Sunday, which meant that my mum and I donned our aprons and got baking some lovely teatime treats.  I made Honey, Sultana and Pecan Teabread, the recipe for which can be found here and mum made a batch of fresh scones.  

Our guests are partly Scottish, so in celebration of this (and the recent referendum!), they brought some Tunnock's tea cakes.  With this last-minute addition, our spread included homemade fruit cake, scones served with strawberry jam and clotted cream, tea cakes and unlimited refills of tea!

Maybe next time you have visitors on a Sunday, you could think about laying on a traditional Sunday tea for them to enjoy.  It doesn't have to be complicated: just a couple of nice (preferably homemade) cakes, perhaps some crumpets with a variety of toppings, a few chocolately treats and of course a huge pot of tea.




Harriet x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This sounds like a wonderful tradition. I think something like this sounds so fun too.
    xx, jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really fun and our friends really appreciated it! :) thanks for your comment, I'm going to take a look at your blog! Harriet x

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images