31 Day Blog Challenge- Day 10

18:22

Day 10: Daily Routine

While it's still important for me to be able to be spontaneous and flexible, I think having some sort of routine is good too.  Not only does it help keep me motivated to do the more mundane things each day, but it also lessens the stress of busy days when I feel like I've got a lot to do.

My daily routine varies depending on whether I'm working, it's the weekend, or I have a day off.  But I guess what I do when I wake up in the morning stays pretty much the same.

I don't really like to sleep in too late (I'm definitely one of those irritating morning-people!), so I'm usually up by around 7 or 8am.  Some mornings I might stay in bed a bit longer if my mum or dad are amazing enough to bring me a cup of tea.  Then I get straight in the shower before getting dressed and making my face/hair look vaguely presentable. 

Once I've done this I go downstairs, say good morning to my cat and make a bee-line for the kettle.  (I may be a morning-person but I still need my tea).  Then, being the domestic goddess that I am (ha!), I empty the dishwasher and make sure that the kitchen is all in order (although my mum would probably beg to differ). 

Next I have my breakfast, which has been the same blueberry and honey overnight oats every day for the last 4 months or so.  You could say that's not very 'spontaneous', but why change a good thing?  If I've got the time, then I'll read while I eat.  I try to sit in the garden as often as possible, as having breakfast outside reminds me of camping and summer holidays.

After I've brushed my teeth, I'm usually ready to go back to bed, but I muster up the energy to get on with whatever I've got to do that day!

Harriet x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images