31 Day Blog Challenge- Day 12

19:40

Day 12: Something that you miss

There are quite a few things that I miss, most of which I don't particularly fancy sharing with the world.  So I'm afraid I'm going to be pretty dull and say that I miss being a child.  

I miss summer evenings playing out in the garden or the street until late, then coming inside and washing my muddy feet in a bucket of hot soapy water.

I miss not watching the news and being blissfully unaware of all the awful things going on around me.

I miss going to the outdoor pool at my primary school in the boiling hot sun and buying bright blue or cola flavoured ice-pops.

I miss being uncontrollably excited about everything, whether it be a non-uniform day or a coach journey with school.

I miss waking up on snowy mornings and listening anxiously to the radio in my parents room, hoping that my school would be on the list of closures. 

I miss going to the Lake District and climbing mountains without getting out of breath.  

I miss having the blind faith in adults to know and be able to do anything.

I miss not being constantly surrounded by people on their phones.

I miss my Walkman and listening to story-tapes on long car journeys.

I miss eating loads of sweets and trying desperately to stay awake until midnight at sleepovers.



What do you miss?

Harriet x 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images